Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

Cannot print from wireless laptop with ultra line 9100 em router

kenhart
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot print from wireless laptop with ultra line 9100 em router

Message 1 of 4
(6,064 Views)

I am having the same problem with the new router unable to print from a wireless connected laptop only I have a ultra line 9100 em router from Verizon. I am naive as to terminology and I don't know where to start to change the IP address in the printer(HP series 6110 office jet) I got no help from Verizon and HP referred me back to Verizon. Can anybody help in plain English

3 REPLIES 3
BrianMcD
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Re: Cannot print from wireless laptop since router change to Verizon

Message 2 of 4
(6,049 Views)

How do you have the HP 6110 Printer Connected ?

Is is physically connected to a Desktop PC with a USB Cable or is it connected via Wireless ?

The VerizonRouter should have nothing to do with network printing issues.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.
kenhart
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(5,951 Views)

Sorry for the delay in getting back. The Printer is connected direectly to the desktop computer. I have always been able to print from the laptop through the wireless (lynksys) modem

BrianMcD
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Message 4 of 4
(5,902 Views)

Does the Printer ALSO have a Wireless Connection ?

Also are you running a Software based Firewall on either the desktop with the printer or the laptop ?

I have seen instances where the Actiontec TCP/IP Range is different that the previous router and the software firewall detects this as a new network and blocks access unless you give it permission.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title