Re: Certificate problem with Quantum G1100 continues
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@glnz2 wrote:

When will Verizon fix the certificate problem that stops so many of us from logging into our Quantum G1100 gateways?

What is taking so long?

The certificate issue doesn't stop you from logging into the router. 

TomC31
Enthusiast - Level 1
Like another poster, I get stuck in the "continue (unsafe)" loop no matter how many exceptions I add, etc. This happens for me in the latest Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. I know those browsers made a recent change to reject certain types of certificates, could that be a problem? Is there a setting buried somewhere that will allow an exception to take hold properly?
Re: Certificate Error, Router home page hacked? (192.168.1.1)
raygam
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Nilsa_VZ wrote:
To rectify, you will need to do a factory reset to gain Wi-Fi connectivity again. Once the router has been reset you will be able to connect your devices.

We apologize for this inconvenience. 

With all due respect, how the devil does Verizon call this an "inconvenience"? Verizon modified a router which they do not own (I purchased and own the router) and effectively locked me out of the router I own, cannot fix the problem, created other issues in the process - this is an inconvenience?

I would call it totally irresponsible! When I worked for Cisco (who I dare say knows a little about routers and networking) if we ever did this to a customer we would have been fired on the spot!

Inconvenience indeed!

0 Likes
raygam
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Edg1 wrote:

I sure hope you are right and that you'll be kind enough to educate me on how to log into the router. I have tried 4 different browsers on Win 10 and 2 different ones from Linux. None will allow a connection. 

Please share your solution with this dumb old networking guy.  Thanks!

0 Likes
192.168.1.1 or Myfios Cert Error
aurios

Getting a SSL Cert Error when I try to access my router or the myrios website...

Is Fios working on this issue, do they need to update SSL Cert?

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@raygam wrote:

@Edg1 wrote:

I sure hope you are right and that you'll be kind enough to educate me on how to log into the router. I have tried 4 different browsers on Win 10 and 2 different ones from Linux. None will allow a connection. 

Please share your solution with this dumb old networking guy.  Thanks!

No problem. Sorry to take so long to get back.

In Chrome(Version 73.0.3683.86) click "Advanced" then click "Proceed to 192.168.1.1 (unsafe)"

In Mozilla(64.0.2) click "Add Exception..." then a pop up comes up check "Permanetly store this exception" and click "Confirm Security Exception"

In Internet Explorer(11.0.9600.19301) click "Continue to this website (not recommended)."

Re: 192.168.1.1 or Myfios Cert Error
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@aurios wrote:

Getting a SSL Cert Error when I try to access my router or the myrios website...

Is Fios working on this issue, do they need to update SSL Cert?

I’m sure it will be fixed it in one of the next updates. You can still log in if you proceed through the security error. 

FIOS G1100 Router Has Invalid Certificate
betourne1
Enthusiast - Level 2

The invalid certificate appears to be blocking my laptop from conneting to the G1100 router directy via a NIC.  The WiFi connection lasts for a few moments then drops.  I will only return for a few moments if I perform a warm boot.  When signing into the router's local IP address produces a warning indicating the address has an invalid certificate.  Running Windows 10 Network troubleshooter, results in a failure to fix because of invalid IP address.  The current firmware in the router indicates: Version 2.02.00.13  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
raygam
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Edg1 wrote:

In Chrome(Version 73.0.3683.86) click "Advanced" then click "Proceed to 192.168.1.1 (unsafe)"

In Mozilla(64.0.2) click "Add Exception..." then a pop up comes up check "Permanetly store this exception" and click "Confirm Security Exception"

In Internet Explorer(11.0.9600.19301) click "Continue to this website (not recommended)."

Thanks but, like many already noted here, I too have tried those steps since they would/should be normal things to try.  Many times.  They do not work and the browser never gets to the router login web page. So I am locked out of the router thanks to VZ who simply does not seem to care at all.

0 Likes
Chuck325
Enthusiast - Level 2

It stops me from loggin on both 192.168.1.1 and myfiosgateway

0 Likes