Switch Account

Change 5ghz channel on Fios Quantum router - how to?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Change 5ghz channel on Fios Quantum router - how to?

Message 1 of 2
(9,170 Views)

I want my Amazon Fire Stick to use the 5ghz band but according to a Google search this won't show up in the Fire Stick's network search unless you change the router's channel to 36. When I use the gateway url there's no option to modify anything, nor are there advanced settings to tinker with. I'm curious if there's a way to do this without calling support? 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Change 5ghz channel on Fios Quantum router - how to?

Message 2 of 2
(9,121 Views)

@naaaazzore wrote:

I want my Amazon Fire Stick to use the 5ghz band but according to a Google search this won't show up in the Fire Stick's network search unless you change the router's channel to 36. When I use the gateway url there's no option to modify anything, nor are there advanced settings to tinker with. I'm curious if there's a way to do this without calling support? 

https://www.verizon.com/cs/groups/public/documents/adacct/fios-qgr-userguide140925.pdf

Look in the user manual. You should be able to change the channel from auto to what ever one that is available.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.