Changed name on account, services were changed without permission for more $$
stormgrl

Hi,

I'm trying to resolve a situation that has me baffled. I recently moved and had to sign up for new FiOS service at my new apartment last week (I had FiOS at my old apartment, but couldn't just transfer my services because Verizon didn't offer those plans anymore, so I signed up for a new triple play bundle for the new apartment). Everything was installed and I was up and running on Thursday. Good stuff.

Fast forward to today, when I realized that the last name on my account needed to be changed, so I called this morning to change the last name. I then get an email from Verizon saying that my new plan would be $10 extra a month, and that I would now be looking at a $250 bill come August (versus the original $172 I was quoted for August) because I changed my last name. Huh?

It turns out the representative I talked to this morning changed my internet from 50/50 to 75/75 without my permission for an extra $10 a month. I later discovered that when you change your name on your Verizon account, Verizon considers this to be an act of signing up for a new plan, which the representative never disclosed to me during our conversation. Had I known this, I would never agreed to change the name and just left it as it was. But now it's too late, and I've been signed up for a more expensive monthly plan that I didn't agree to. What's worse, no one can explain to me why I'm looking at a $250 bill for August. If the bump up to 75/75 internet (which I didn't authorize in the first place, but okay fine, let's say I accept the unauthorized change) was an extra $10 a month, the prorated amount should not have changed the expected bill in August from $172 to $250. Something is very wrong here and things do not add up. I have called back twice now and gotten nowhere with the people I spoke with. Is there any other avenue I can take to get answers to what is wrong here? 

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Changed name on account, services were changed without permission for more $$
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi stormgrl,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes