Switch Account

Changing ONT from Ethernet for Internet to COAX

Changing ONT from Ethernet for Internet to COAX

SOLVED
Contributor ogsada
Contributor
Message 21 of 23
(680 Views)

Hi, there is no ethernet cabling on my apartment to the living room, so my ONT is configured to use coax, I have no issues getting 150/150 speed, you just need to call them and tell them to change it from ethernet to coax (Sometimes they change it back, though, I'va had to call them 3 times for the same issue where it randomly gets changed back to ethernet)

Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I
Message 22 of 23
(671 Views)

@ogsada wrote:

Hi, there is no ethernet cabling on my apartment to the living room, so my ONT is configured to use coax, I have no issues getting 150/150 speed, you just need to call them and tell them to change it from ethernet to coax (Sometimes they change it back, though, I'va had to call them 3 times for the same issue where it randomly gets changed back to ethernet)

As posted just before your post, his model ont apparently does not do MOCA

Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 23 of 23
(655 Views)

@ogsada wrote:

Although technically you can use Moca for the 150/150 service Verizion wants ethernet run for anything above 75/75.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.