Switch Account

Changing lan to not be 192.168.1.x, does it break TV?

Changing lan to not be 192.168.1.x, does it break TV?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(8,957 Views)

I provide support for a company where an end user has FIOS internet and TV service at home.

They need to be able to use a VPN, and the LAN on the end users network needs to not be 192.168.1.x for the VPN to work. 

I have received conflicting information from two different verizon support reps so i figured maybe someone on here has some experience on this. 

Does changing the lan subnet to be something besides 192.168.1.x break any TV functionality?

One rep told me it is not supported and the router being anything besides 192.168.1.1 breaks TV functionality. 

Another rep said you could change it to 192.168.0.1 and the tv would work. 

Has anyone sucessfully changed the LAN subnet and not have it break anything on the TV side of things?

Thank You.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus
Message 2 of 4
(8,952 Views)

No it will not break the TV data services. (VOD, widgets, and guide)

Only thing to verify after you make the change, STB's will need to have to be set on 192.168.0.100 - 108 range.  The router should assign them to that range intellegently.

We have had other people post about it working fine.

Highlighted
Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III
Message 3 of 4
(8,954 Views)

I have mine set to 192.168.0.xxx. But I have heard there are issues setting it to 10.10.xxx.xxx

Highlighted
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III
Message 4 of 4
(8,859 Views)

I have my LAN set up with a 10.x.x.x address and everything is working fine.

My ActionTec reserves a DHCP Range of 10.x.x.100 to 10.x.x.150 for the Set Top Boxes.  I made my DHCP Range from 100 to 160 and my other DHCP Devices get addressfrom 151 to 160.

I just had to reboot the STB's after I reconfigured the router.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.