Charged by Verizon fios for whole month when service was provided for one day.
airbike
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

it is long story, short I was charged by Verizon for whole month of internet service (when it was turned on (only on servers - never in my flat) for one day - last day of July and additionally for router which was back to Verizon point and disapeared.

Long story:

My order consisted of internet service 300/300 plus router and it was made online on 07/26/2019. Internet service was scheduled to switch on (technician visit) on 08/01/2019.

I had 14 days for made resignation from it. And it was made by me - my resignation from order was made 4 days after my order was made (I had to postponed my decision). It was made by hotline service (Verizon land line/phone service contact). I was informed that I have to give back router which I received to Verizon point. (What it was made next day).

After I made resignation (day after) I noticed that on my (still fully working in those days) account it pup up information about charging me for one month of using internet service (for July – my order was made 07/26 how it is possible ? and never switch on) and the first half price of router. So I made one more time phone call to Verizon land line/phone service to explain the situation. I was informed that it is temporary situation (4-5 days) after making resignation from order (service never start) and my account will be closed and charged erased because I made resignation before service was on.

After 2-3 days my account was closed. My account is currently close, it was closed 3/4 days after i made resignation from my order.

One month later I received bill where is noticed that I was charged for month of service and whole price of router?!

Service never started in my flat, it was pri-planed to switch on at 08/01/2019 (it was planned in order) but I made resignation from order and Verizon technician did not come to connect the service?

Router shipped date was 7/29/2019. I received it 07/31/2019 and it was returned to Verizon point one day after I made the resignation from order. Verizon point address is 4224 Virginia Beach Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA 23452.

I made one more time (3) phone call to Verizon land line/phone service to explain the situation. I received at first some strange information that my service was on the last day of July (for one day - that’s I have to paid for whole month) but there are no explanation why it is possible without switching service on inside my flat. It should be made but never happened – appointment (08/01/2019) was cancelled. And no information about the returned router - hotline have to check it but it takes time.

During dropping off this router at Verizon point servicemen told me that nothing more, no confirmation on paper and i should receive confirmation to my Verizon account….closed 3 days after making resignation. Finally I was informed that I have to wait and somebody will contact me by phone or email as a reaction on my complain but it was almost two weeks ago.

So at this moment I have a bill from Verizon – charged me for one month of internet service (never switched on) and also for $199 for Verizon router which is somewhere in Verizon storage or Verizon point or in another customer. They dont known where it is.....

0 Likes
Re: Charged by Verizon fios for whole month when service was provided for one day.
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi airbike,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes
Any proof of the return of the router
airbike
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

I made the resignation from my order and dropped off my router to Verizon point, During this I din't received any confirmation ....

Now I have to pay for this router to Verizon! no matter that it is somwhere in Verizon store. Question is HOW to made the confirmation or found where is the router in Verizon system - in point where the router was dropped they say to me that was send somwhere and they don't knowe where it is..... Verizon_Support told me withaut obtaining such confirmation I have to pay - without any proof of the return of the router, they would not be able to process the return... This router is in Verizon how to proove it or where ather ?! THX for help.

0 Likes
Re: Any proof of the return of the router
jonjones1
Legend

The only thing you need to prove it was returned is THE RECEIPT FROM THE STORE.

you should have not left the store without the receipt showing the returned router with serial number, your account number, date and time of return.

if you did not get that you are out of luck and will be liable for the cost of the device.

0 Likes
airbike
Enthusiast - Level 2

For me is rather a lack of professionalism in Verizon service in the point where it was made in Virginia Beach or a simple attempt at deception not bad luck.  Unprofessional service and now it's an attempt to extort my money by saying that I have to prove that I dropped router to a point because Verizon don't want to find the router in his network and in the warehouse? 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@airbike wrote:

For me is rather a lack of professionalism in Verizon service in the point where it was made in Virginia Beach or a simple attempt at deception not bad luck.  Unprofessional service and now it's an attempt to extort my money by saying that I have to prove that I dropped router to a point because Verizon don't want to find the router in his network and in the warehouse? 

All that you are stating maybe true. But it does not negate the fact you returned a device and never asked for a receipt? Even if it was found, how would they know it was yours? I am sure if they checked the serial number it would show as your former router. But if it was not scanned in and a receipt generated they cannot find it.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your issue was referred out.
Did you check your private messages to see if they can help you?

0 Likes