Charged twice without authorization
Nat460262

I made a payment on my acct on 2/2/2017 for $111.38.  Today I get a text notifying me that I made a payment today for the same amount.  A payment I never made.  I check my online bill and it shows 2 payments were made for $111.38 for today.  I was never even on the computer to make these.  Has this happened to anyone else?

0 Likes
Re: Charged twice without authorization
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.  For billing issues, please contact Verizon during normal business hours.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe you somehow clicked make payment twice.

Did you make payment on 2/2 or just schedule for today?

Did you get an email on 2/2 reflecting payment?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Nat460262 wrote:

I made a payment on my acct on 2/2/2017 for $111.38.  Today I get a text notifying me that I made a payment today for the same amount.  A payment I never made.  I check my online bill and it shows 2 payments were made for $111.38 for today.  I was never even on the computer to make these.  Has this happened to anyone else?

I cannot stress this enough. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER DO AUTOPAY ON ANY SERVICE. 

If you use just one time payment of your invoice like I do, use a credit card. The credit card company will remove the duplicate payment. Debit cards do not work the same way but your bank or credit union will look at your account and delete the duplicate.

if you use a credit card there may at times be a preauthorization amount as well as the actual charge amount. In that case the pre-authorization will fall off.

0 Likes