Charged with Tranferring fee for changing Address
PDaniel

HI Verizon, 

It was pretty horrible experience I am having with Verizon right now. 

When I moved from my previous home, to a new address for a change of address.
1)on July 17th, I had to call verizon atleast 4 times and stay on thel in for 30 mins each time getting transferred between people only to hear we cannot provide FIOS service in your new home. My first frustration waiting on the call endlessly to hear someone speak and when they speak they have zero knowledge of what they are speaking or do they understand what im asking
2) Finally one last person took the phone and said you have coverage in your home and the previous reps had put your new home address wrongly in the system and thats why they were saying you dont have service. He/She scheduled a service on July 20th. I asked repeatedly if there is any charge associated with the address change or service address change. the Rep said NO. I asked atleast 3 or 4 times. 
3) The appointment was scheduled at 1pm, but no1 showed up untill 4pm. I had to bear the scorching heat and wait, and tried endlessly calling verizon support again and again. Verizon support number is as bad as it is and no1 picks the call, even if someone picks, they have no knowledge of what they are saying.  No one knew where the techinician was. and Finally, the rep changed the appointment to next week on the condition that I would be given a credit on my account for 20$. But as I was about the leave the technician showed up at 6pm
4) Since the technician showed atleast, i dint follow up on the credit. The verizon white box was already there at home. The technician inspected and just took a wire inside the home. If it was all that, I would have done this myself. 
5) I thought my troubles with verizon was over with this, only to see a bill next month for 90$ technician fee. A fee for techinician who could not be reached easily , and had to setup the appointment by calling 4 times. and dint show up on time.. and dint do nothing much either. 
If only I was told about this technician fee when i scheduled the appoint, i would have gone to Optimum or other service providers in the same area, they were giving me better deals. Why would i have to go verizon for all this troubles. 
And Im trying to call verizon atleast for the last week to discuss about this, and no1 picks up the call or responds properly. 
Give my money back, i wouldnt come back to Verizon ever. 

0 Likes
Re: Charged with Tranferring fee for changing Address
MrMatthew1
Contributor - Level 1

Hi PDaniel,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes