i can't find the "IGMP Proxy" option ! Any help would be appreciated

0 Likes
Re: Chromecast on FIOS
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@rahoni wrote:

i can't find the "IGMP Proxy" option ! Any help would be appreciated

Its a bit hidden on the older routers and completely hidden on the newer ones.

use jump after logging on to the router.

http://192.168.1.1/index.cgi?active_page=6059

0 Likes
Jordan771

My Nexus 7 tablet connects to the Chromecast, my phone connects, and the laptop connects to it, everything says "Ready to cast", but I can't get anything to actually show on the TV.  It just says "no signal".  When I try to cast something, it say it's working, but it's not.  I can't figure this out. 

I logged into the router and disabled IGMP and that didn't do anything, changing from Home/Office to Broadband made me lose internet connection, so I turned it all back. 

My TV only has two HDMI ports, and HDMI 1 is taken up by the cable box, so it's not a matter of selecting the correct input. 

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader
Is your Chromecast on the the same subnet as the devices you are trying to cast from?
0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@Jordan77 wrote:

My Nexus 7 tablet connects to the Chromecast, my phone connects, and the laptop connects to it, everything says "Ready to cast", but I can't get anything to actually show on the TV.  It just says "no signal".  When I try to cast something, it say it's working, but it's not.  I can't figure this out. 

I logged into the router and disabled IGMP and that didn't do anything, changing from Home/Office to Broadband made me lose internet connection, so I turned it all back. 

My TV only has two HDMI ports, and HDMI 1 is taken up by the cable box, so it's not a matter of selecting the correct input. 

So you're not getting the actual Chromecast screen on your TV either?  If you see it, it will have your WiFi network name, the time of day, etc. and a changing picture as a background.  If the TV is showing "no signal" than the HDMI connection is the issue, not the network since you can see and communicate with the Chromecast device using your apps.  Suggest you temporarily move it to the other HDMI port on your TV and see what happens.  If that doesn't work, you likely have a defective Chromecast device.

0 Likes
kjohnson28
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the Verizon Actiontec Router Rev. I, and I just got the Chromecast in the mail from Amazon.  I normally kept my Router with my SSID Broadcast: set to Disabled as an added security measure, but I found that by doing this, the Chromecast did not like it and would not work.  Even though I could manually type in the SSID, the Chromecast would still give me Network error messages and would not connect.  Chromecast would not function on my network unless I Enabled SSID Broadcast under the wireless Advanced Security Settings.

SSID Broadcast:Enabled
Level 2: Stop your router from broadcasting your Wireless Network Name (SSID) 
SSID Broadcast (Allows you to prevent users who do not know your SSID name to access your router wirelessly.) 

I suggest that most of you that are having problems connecting, check your Wireless Status and see if your SSID Broadcast is Enabled or Disabled, and if Disabled, set it to Enabled.  Also, make sure you are using WPA2 Security with a good password.  This worked for me on both my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (using the Chromecast App) and on my Windows 7 PC using the Chrome browser.

Hope this helps and good luck to all!

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@kjohnson28 wrote:

I have the Verizon Actiontec Router Rev. I, and I just got the Chromecast in the mail from Amazon.  I normally kept my Router with my SSID Broadcast: set to Disabled as an added security measure, but I found that by doing this, the Chromecast did not like it and would not work.  Even though I could manually type in the SSID, the Chromecast would still give me Network error messages and would not connect.  Chromecast would not function on my network unless I Enabled SSID Broadcast under the wireless Advanced Security Settings.

SSID Broadcast:Enabled
Level 2: Stop your router from broadcasting your Wireless Network Name (SSID) 
SSID Broadcast (Allows you to prevent users who do not know your SSID name to access your router wirelessly.) 

I suggest that most of you that are having problems connecting, check your Wireless Status and see if your SSID Broadcast is Enabled or Disabled, and if Disabled, set it to Enabled.

No kidding and at http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/28653/

Title: Debunking Myths: Is Hiding Your Wireless SSID Really More Secure?

is more info on why you should not hide your SSID.

0 Likes
Stryker3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you all for the help. I tried everything and the simple solution is Disable Mac authentication. Mac is enable by default. Shame on Actiontec and Verizon! 

Thank you ie10419.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Stryker wrote:

Thank you all for the help. I tried everything and the simple solution is Disable Mac authentication. Mac is enable by default. Shame on Actiontec and Verizon! 

Thank you ie10419.

I'm pretty sure it's disabled by default. Someone may have turned it on in your case.

0 Likes
GoodNews1

I had issues and expected the worst when I saw ChromeCast's router support list, and found that the Verizon unit was not supported at default. I messed with my router and saw a good link to change my router.  Just put the link in where you signed in 196.192.168.1.1, and it will turn off the IGMP Proxy, 192.168.1.1/index.cgi?active_page=6059.  I don't know that I needed to, but it did the job.  What made the difference was I uninstalled Google Chrome; then, reinstalled it with the new version that includes the ChromeCast icon.  Instead of using the downloaded ChromeCast setup, I went to http://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/devices/chromecast/ and picked "Chromecast" in the right hand top, then "Setup", and the rest is history, it worked.  For some reason the online setup link worked better than the downloaded setup. There you have it.

0 Likes