Re: Cisco VPN won't connect via FiOS
pamcphilly
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not sure if it is just a regional issue or something as I have been using a Cisco VPN client for my work with an ActionTec over MOCA with no problems.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@pamcphilly wrote:

Not sure if it is just a regional issue or something as I have been using a Cisco VPN client for my work with an ActionTec over MOCA with no problems.

Yea. It could be router hardware revision, or regional, or how the security admin sets up the VPN on the other side. No one has put their finger on it.

0 Likes
tech_struggler
Enthusiast - Level 2

Pam,

It's bizarre.  My wife's VPN ran flawlessly for over two years on Actiontec/MOCA.  But, true-to-form (based on my Web research and talking to her company's IT people), once it broke, it was broken for good.

If yours ever breaks, see if Verizon will replace your flawed Actiontec router w/ a Westell so you don't have to switch to Ethernet like I did.  Worth a try, since Actiontec admits their router is unreliable w/ VPNs over MOCA.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

not everyone who uses actiontec and moca with vpn's has a problem.     a guy on here today posted how he changed the MTU setting and it now works flawlessly and he avoided switching from moca to ethernet.

just sayin, people might want to try that instead of the arduous task of changing from coax/moca to ethernet.

0 Likes
texbeau1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had trouble with my Cisco VPN after switching to Fios. I was able to resolve it with a config change on my Cisco VPN client (version 5.0). I contacted both Verizon tech support, and my company's IT dept, and no one was able to help me. So, I tried this on my own, and it solved my issue.

Launch the Cisco VPN client.

Click one on the connection entry you want to update

Click on Modify

Click on the Transport tab

Select IPSec over UDP (my default was IPSec over TCP which was not working with Fios)

Save the connection

Give it a try

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over twelve years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes