Cloud is a problem ... help
fios2848

The cloud has serious problems and I seem pretty convinced that Verizon doesn't want to support desktop access with sensible functionality.

In the last few years I set up the cloud backup on three devices (2 desktops and a tablet). The auto backup of pictures, music and documents worked fine for a while. Whenever I wanted I could use a browser to look at the files, then take action (download, delete etc). Although the interface was different on the desktop I could see pictures just like on the tablet app. About SIX MONTHS ago the desktop access to my pictures would not load a thumbnail and without a view of a picture what good it it? The tablet app continued to work fine. After about 4 months of no resolution to my outstanding ticket a tech person called to gather information that had already been collected when the ticket was opened. Anyway, now it has been another 2 months without useful cloud access from the desktop. Just a week ago the situation deteriorated - now I can't even log into the cloud with a browser.

Just last week I removed the cloud from my primary desktop, that is I have nothing being backed up, no folders and no synchronization. Using the desktop app I can see files in the backup/restore option but (I have thousands of files) but there is no way to delete them - only restore. All of these are consuming over 1/2 of my cloud storage. 

Also, when I log into the cloud on the tablet app and try to delete files it appears to work but the files return.

Too many problems! Too little solutions.

0 Likes
Re: Cloud is a problem ... help
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi fios2848,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes