Coax to HDMI?
brycebequick
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wireless router is downstairs, and across the house.  The signal to my upstairs office is sketchy at best.  The technician informed me that he connected the coax outlet in my office for internet use, but did not explain to me how to connect my laptop/docking station to the wired outlet. Here is the back of my docking station and laptop.  Any suggestions as to how to connect to the coax outlet?  (not sure why the image uploaded upside down)

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Coax to HDMI?
jonjones1
Legend

Sorry I forgot the link. Which you can get at any computer store even staples or Walmart etc. they also come in different lengths 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dynex-10-cat-6-network-cable-gray/8301007.p?skuId=8301007

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not sure what he means by that. Can you see where he connected coax?

He may have connected it to spliter. In which case you would need a device called a moca adapter that would provide an ethernet to conenct your laptop to.

brycebequick
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you.

Yes, it looks like the tech connected only two of the many available coax cables that were hanging in a wire bundle in the basement. (I have a new construction home)  So, he connected the coax outlet in the family room and the one in my office.

If I purchase the moca adapter you refer to - what additional cables might I require to connect?  

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@brycebequick wrote:

Thank you.

Yes, it looks like the tech connected only two of the many available coax cables that were hanging in a wire bundle in the basement. (I have a new construction home)  So, he connected the coax outlet in the family room and the one in my office.

If I purchase the moca adapter you refer to - what additional cables might I require to connect?  

Ethernet cable to connect from the adapter to your laptop/desktop.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Sorry I forgot the link. Which you can get at any computer store even staples or Walmart etc. they also come in different lengths 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dynex-10-cat-6-network-cable-gray/8301007.p?skuId=8301007