Comcast imposing data limits/charges
Xeno
Enthusiast - Level 2

Comcast has recently made the poor decision to limit data use in the home to 1.2TB and charge overage fees. While I have kept the service anxiously awaiting fios to come to my area many users are now desperate for it (including myself). Origonally they held back on placing the limits in areas where Fios was competing and they picked the worst possible time to spread it out! During a pandemic when we are all working from home and using massive amounts of data this couldn't be a better time for Fios to spread out as much as possible. I hope that the Fios team is keeping up with what is going on. Right now Comcast users are beginning to get their warnings as they reach their cap and wonder what is going on. Fios please help!

Sykesville, MD user

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Comcast imposing data limits/charges
Xeno
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks! I did call them on the phone and got the generic response. Hope is there! People not too far from my area have it but the expansion hasn't happened my way yet.

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is mainly a peer to peer support forum.

Verizon has said they don't comment on their expansion plans other than to say they have scaled them back.

Xeno
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is a shame 😞 our community has been anxiously awaiting. Thank you for the response though.

jonjones1
Legend

Although Verizon likes to say nothing about expansion plans etc they have been branching out in many places. Do a google search on Fios expansion. Verizon having the better product and with a 99.99% up time, it is outstanding and prices are very competitive. 

now having said that you could call them on the phone or even check from the website at http://www.Verizon.com/Fios and see what is up on maybe getting it.

where I live they said no expansion but going on six years now my home was connected to Fios (without my permission by the way in they just did a drop) but they did come around and we took the new service and dropped time warner who had rates raising through the roof. Use our own router and hooked to power back up generator and have never lost service.

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

What I know is that Fios starts to expand again in the NYC. I don't know and therefore cannot comment on other expansion plans.

Xeno
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks! I did call them on the phone and got the generic response. Hope is there! People not too far from my area have it but the expansion hasn't happened my way yet.