quick menu

Coming back with a Router

Coming back with a Router

Contributor backagain
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(109 Views)

I couldn't stay with Verizon Fios because they won't offer you a deal to stay on, so I felt forced to switch to Xfinity. I'm OK with this, but my wife met a Verizon salesman a pretty great deal

Anwyay, I've bought a router through Amazon that says it is compatible with Xfinity, but nothing about Verizon Fios? Here is a link to the router.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078FBC499/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's a Netgear Nighthawk WIFI Cable Modem Router+ Voice (24x8) AC 1900 Dcosis 3.0 / for Xfinity Internet and Voice Services.

Will this work on the Verizon Fios network? I'm not super saavy with all this stuff.

2 REPLIES
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 2 of 3
(104 Views)

Cable modem router? If you can split the two functions maybe.

also Fios does not use modems. And if you get tv and phone that device is totally useless.

you could also check the Netgear forum to see what others have done.

http://www.netgear.com

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor I Platinum Contributor I
Platinum Contributor I
Message 3 of 3
(66 Views)

You will want just a router not modem/router.

If you have TV service, you will probably need a Verizon router to activate the STBs.

But for Internet service only (or TV service with cablecard device) you can use what ever router you wish.

Verizon will only guarantee service performance if you use their router though.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
My Fios App

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios