Re: Communication between wired and wireless network on actiontec MI424WR
Orbitz2224

I have the latest firmware and tried disabling IGMP and enabling IPv6 but iTunes Home Sharing is still not working. Any other ideas? Do I have to just buy an Airport or will that not even solve the problem? The Actiontec is too far from my AppleTV to plug in directly. Please help!

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

armond_in_nj wrote:

----

I have the latest Actiontec and found the IGMP disable checkbox under "Advanced/Routing//Routing Protocols/Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP)."

----

This isn't the IGMP Proxy option we had before the latest firmware push.  The previous firmware had an IGMP Proxy menu on the Advanced Options page.   That was a different setting than the one on the Routing Protocols page.

I disabled IGMP Proxy about December 2nd, and it fixed my iTunes home sharing issue between wired and WiFi.  Now, the IGMP Proxy option is gone.  My network still works; I'm making a big guess that the firmware upgrade somehow kept my old setting, but no longer allows us access to change it.

-gs0b

0 Likes
Orbitz2224

I disabled IGMP through "Advanced/Routing//Routing Protocols/Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP)" but it did not solve the problem. There must be some fix as it would be ridiculous for Fios customers to not be able to use AppleTV. Very strange.

0 Likes
FrancAcavano

Thanks for the posting - this has solved many of my problems as well.

Has anyone else had challenges talked to the DVR from their computer?

0 Likes
smurphobia

I spoke to Actiontec and they confirmed that Verizon removed the IGMP Proxy disable option on the latest rev I firmware.  The IGMP setting under advanced--routing, does not serve the same function.  The new router with the new firmware has effectively make my TV tuner useless on the wireless network.    

0 Likes
jsweetman1

I just got a Series I as a replacement  for the older model and I don't have the IGMP option on the advanced menu. (firmware 40.19.36). Now only 1 of my TiVos is visible to the others & my PC.

I'll try the IP6 option. I may also just put a gigabit ethernet switch with all my internal network connections before the FIOS router.

0 Likes
onechionly
Enthusiast - Level 2

smurphobia,

You are not alone. I haven't watched tv via the HDHomeRun prime via the wireless in some time.  Yesterday I decided that I'll try out windows 8 and the new windows media center 8 on my new laptop. I loaded everything in hopes of getting some fios tv time wirelessly through the HDHomeRun Prime.

Media Center 8 was not able to find the tuners, spent an hour or two and figured out that upnp discovery wasn't working. Keep in mind that viewing tv shows from my laptop worked about a month or two ago without any problems.  Found this thread and figured out upnp multicast discovery was not working correctly.

I am now appalled at the fact that verizon can push a firmware that enforces IGMP proxy and will disable most devices that require upnp multicast. I can't understand the reason behind taking away that option in the firmware.

0 Likes
Columbiaman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry that does not work for me.

0 Likes
onechionly
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are you referring to enabling IPv6? If so, that only works for people with devices that can utilize IPv6.

Fios594

Does not work for me either. I use homerun prime hd  with cable card tuners. Media center does not see the tuners. Media center is wireless. Tumer is wired.  if I use wired media Center then I don't have a problem.need a new firmware that gives us access to UPnP And igmp proxy settings.  When will verizon acknowledge this as a bug and fix it?

0 Likes