Re: Communication between wired and wireless network on actiontec MI424WR
temellon
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same exact issue with not being able to use my hd homerun prime and my windows 8 computer on wifi, it works fine when using the ethernet cable.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Not sure it works but BIGDADDY on DSL REPORTS has posted a jump that seems to get you to the IGMP proxy page.  Previously others had success when they turned off IGMP proxy.

http://192.168.1.1/index.cgi?active_page=6059

temellon
Enthusiast - Level 1

Worked for me Too. Thanks so much.

0 Likes
JohnJohnD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Confirming that the deep link ("jump") above (192.168.1.1/index.cgi?active_page=6059) works for me too!  Thanks to BigDaddy on DSLReports and user "tns" here that posted his solution as well!

0 Likes
SnapVA
Enthusiast - Level 1

Using the direct URL above to disable the IGMP Proxy was the trick.  Thanks!  

Mark

LexLuthor1
Enthusiast - Level 3
After spending a lot of time trying to figure out my DLNA problems, I finally stumbled upon this thread. Disabling IGMP proxy fixed it for me as well. How is this the default!? Is this a bug that Verizon should fix? Certainly seems that way.
LexLuthor1
Enthusiast - Level 3
I just noticed this morning that IGMP Proxy was enabled again. I didn't touch that setting. Is it possible it reverted back on its own or via a network command from Fios? Anyone else have it revert back? In general, will Fios be issuing a fix for this? No way it's correct that this is enabled by default and causes this kind of issues with DLNA.
jrk123
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread. I spent the entire weekend trying to figure out why all my streaming devices would suddenly stop. I even went to the point of reformatting my hard drive and re-installing windows which was of no use.

After making the config change, everything is running great again! I hope that Verizon will work with the modem supplier to fix this issue moving forward.

ChrisTO4
Enthusiast - Level 1

Perfect. It worked. Thank you for taking  time to describe the solution on this this thread.

pgf1

I was having the same problem.

I spent an hour in a chat with Fios support, who swore it could not be the router but then

offered to send me a new one.

I had tried disabling IGMP proxy with no effect (though I did not reboot the router after the change).

I did see somewhere that someone found that resetting to factory default cured the issue.

I saved the config file and reset.  After restoring my SSID and admin account, the issue was gone.

I saved the new config in a file with the intention of looking at the diffs but found that the files are encrypted.

So I may try going back to the original config to see if it breaks again.

Verizon, why don't you read these threads and educate your tech support?

🙂

0 Likes