Compact/slim ONT
maortega15
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was wondering if Verizon has any compact or slim ONT's. like for apartments, etc. 

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Compact/slim ONT
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes they have some.  e.g the Motorola 1000-gti

0 Likes
maortega15
Enthusiast - Level 2

What other models are out there? What is the newest/latest model? Do they use a battery backup as well?

Any pics of the ONT's?

0 Likes
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most of the ONTs themselves are actually extremely small, its the absolutely ridiculous plastic housing they put them in that takes up a bunch of room, granted this is for excess fiber storage so it does need to have some extra space to curl up the extra cable. Luckily I've observed some of their newer units are slimmer than their older units. 

How many floors up is your apartment? If its on the 1st or 2nd story, you should be able to request a outoor ONT. This is a box that would be mounted outside your residence, and then the only box inside your house would be your router.

Otherwise, you will have to get an indoor unit, but you should be able to deny the battery backup which takes up more space (Its quite useless anyway, unless you have phone service). Without the battery backup, the units pertrude out of the wall by a few inches, and are about 1.5 feet by 1.5 feet long. They are a plain black box with a Verizon logo on it, and should be fairly easy to hide. I would take a photo of a newer install I've witnessed but I'll have to come back to post it.  

0 Likes
maortega15
Enthusiast - Level 2

I currently live in a 6 floor co-op on the 3rd floor.  The photo attached is what I currently have. (Not mine, but just to show the model I have).

It takes up a lot of space and would love to have it swapped out for a much smaller one.  

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

THe one I mentioned is probably the smallest.  It is made for inside to sit on a desktop.  They had some pictures when they first announced it, but I couldn't find ithem. 

0 Likes
maortega15
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry for the late reply, but would it be possible for a tech to swap out my current one for a smaller one? I might have to get my apartment rewired anyway because of some problems I am experiencing.

0 Likes
maortega15
Enthusiast - Level 2

Would it be possible for a tech to swap out my current one for a smaller one? I might have to get my apartment rewired anyway because of some problems I am experiencing.

0 Likes
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a community support forum, so you would have to contact Verizon directly to initiate the process, we're just fellow users. 

Again, I'd suggest you ask for an outdoor ONT if you can so there is no internal equipment. 

0 Likes
maortega15
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks. I'm not sure though if an outdoor ONT would be possible. I live in an apartment unit so the ONT is indoors.

0 Likes