Complaint!!! Advertising
epnva1

I received a letter in the mail indicating that I can upgrade my 150mbps internet to the 1 gig for $20 more a month. The letter acknowledges that I am a current customer, the letter acknowledges the service that I currently have. (150 mbps) The letter states "Bring home our fastest internet ever today, for only $20 more per month, plus taxes. 

I call to get this service. After a very lengthy sales pitch for additional tv and phone services, the agent tells me that I cannot get the $20 upgrade offer because I already have a  promotional service offer. There is not one bit of information indicating that there are exceptions to the offer. Not in the fine print, not anywhere. No where on this letter does it indicate that restrictions may apply.

I typically do not complain about things, I am very easy going and I generally know what's to good to be true. This really disappointed me. I truly feel that Verizon should honor this offer. The letter contains my name, address, the services that I currently have. How is it allowed to place an offer with no restrictions in fine print or anywhere else and then turn around and not honor it? This triggered a phone call, sales pitch, but not the service advertised

imageBack

0 Likes
Re: Complaint!!! Advertising
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi epnva1,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes