Complaint for my 95 years old grandparents. Verizon so inconsiderate!!!
Filicious

First off, Verizon does make it impossible for consumer to file a complaint. And am very disappointed with the service provided and the service of the agent. I'm the granddaughter of the account holder. Both of my grandparents are in their mid 90s, so the home phone service is their only way to connect with other people. However, since the new fios were installed in July 2013, there were many unreasonable outages. Often times it last a day or two weekly or biweekly. It is unacceptable for consumers their age to handle any kind of uncertainty with phone services. They both have home attendants that needed the phone line to clock in and out for work, since this was how most of home aid servicing agency proves that their employees were at work. Doctors, nurses, social workers and family members all count on the phone line service to reach my grandparents because everyday we need to check if they're still living. But the service that Was provided was unacceptable. I have called Verizon many times to get the issue fix, however on the day the technician came, the service had no problem so nothing was done, but days later there would be both outage on phone and internet services. I just called again before and another technician was scheduled to come, but no guarantee can be make to me. Home phone lines should be the most reliable service that the elderly can count on but it was always failing us. Technical issues shouldn't be the consumer's problem because Verizon was the one that should provide us with fully functioning equipments. It was a simple contract that the consumer pays, Verizon provides the service, but Then why are we always paying but the service was out when we most needed, since my grandfather just got hospitalized, countless calls was made from social workers and other government agency.
So I tried to complaint to one of your agent supervisor named {edited for privacy}. I don't even know if the information she gave me is accurate but her customer service was terrible. The overall satisfaction score would be zero or lower if I can give it lower. She wasn't sensitive to my situation where my grandfather is in the hospital already and she refused to provide me with any solution and guarantees. In her words, I cannot file a complaint through her and an official complaint can be only file online, but the service provider, Verizon, failed to provide me with internet service. So in her saying, it means that I have to have another phone from another service and an alternative internet service as well to 1. To able to reach an useless agent and 2. To file an complaint online. So if I have both standby phone and internet hen why should I be paying and using Verizon that constantly doesn't work? So if my grandparents or any other elderly are living alone, how can they reach help when the phone line service is not working? What if this is their only way of dialing 911? Also a 95 year old grandpa should learn to how to use a computer to file a "proper complaint"? So I wonder what does the agent  is hire to do when all she said was "a technician is scheduled for you." Also she said that she is not there so she doesn't know what the problem is, well, you are an agent and moreover a supervisor, can't you be more responsible to the words you say? And what can my grandparents do when the technician is here on a day which service are fine and nothing was done like last time? So do we as families, cross our fingers and hope they don't need emergency help on the days that there are no phone services? Beyond disappointed with Verizon and all of its agents and technicians.

0 Likes
Re: Complaint for my 95 years old grandparents. Verizon so inconsiderate!!!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Complaint for my 95 years old grandparents. Verizon so inconsiderate!!!
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello,

Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing out your support case. If you need additional service or have any other questions please feel free to create a new thread. 

Thank you,

-Amanda_M

0 Likes