Complaint solution!
Casseopia1

There is no real customer complaint department it seems so I just cancelled my service. I was simply looking to move and effectively keep my rate... instead Fios reps wasted 2 hours of my time over two days trying to figure out ways to upsell / upcharge me rather than let me cut the cord. The first rep wouldn’t let me get the same price as those listed online (or had to look into it and call me back after 45 min of “looking into it” came up short). When rep 1 doesn’t fall me back, rep 2 tells me the online rate isn’t possible and also says I need a new router to handle the gigabit even though rep 1 said my owned router worked. Amazingly rep 1 calls at this point so I merge the calls. To my surprise they just start arguing with each other about my router and ultimately the one upselling me says “fine do what you want” and disconnects the call. Funny enough, I had the right router to handle gigabit but now I’m done with verizon. The answer? Cut the cord. Disconnect from Verizon. It’s a commodity. Join any other provider to avoid these shady business practices.

0 Likes
Re: Complaint solution!
jonjones1
Legend

It’s a shame you had to terminate service. But it is understandable under the conditions you wrote about going through.

new customer rates are not available to existing customers. However once your 30 days are up being gone from Verizon the new customer rates will be available. Shame that this game has to be played. I have always advocated the set pricing across the board model. However the company cannot then wrangle every dollar out of the consumer. 

Hope it all all works out for you.

0 Likes