Complaint
ruammekps

Dear CEO, Verizon

My name is Mr Poonsup {Edited for privacy}, I just moved from Thailand to U.S.A. to study LL.M. at the Washington College of Law at American University. 

I, recently, visited Verizon shop in North Bethesda, enquiring about having my apartment fitted home internet and cable tv.    

To my great expectation with Verizon products which I had searched for some information prior to my arrival in the U.S. I requested to have home internet and cable tv initiated at my apartment. The FIOZ Manager at your shop did not provide any information enough or any advice for the customers. I ended up keeping asking instead of being adviced. After a long period of time the manager had my I-20, passport, post graduate I'd and my lease agreement of my apartment photo copied. He told me to call customer service after 2 hours to see if my account would be processed and approved.  

The lady staff of yours told me that my account had been approved and would transfer to the installation department. After being put on hold for 22 minutes there was a male staff picking up my call and asked "what can I do for you" 

To my frustration, I started to go through all over again and he kindly replied that my account had not been completed yet as I was a high risk profile customer and needed to put some deposited upfront. I asked why I had not been told earlier and I deposited with the credit card and set up for the installation date on 12 Jan and amended to 11 Jan. 

I had waited for the whole day on 11 Jan and nobody showed up. I called and your customer service. The lady told me that she had a record of me for self installed which they had sent a set top box and router by UPS and would be delivered to me on 14 Jan. 

The whole experience with Verizon is not impressive to be honest with you. I have rented an apartment at {Edited for privacy} which administered by LCOR North Bethesda LLC. I was requested by LCOR for my financial status to have a balance of more than 3 year rent which is more than 80,000 USD. If I could rent the apartment and they do not regard me as a high risk profile customer so the common sense should applied. 

Your unprofessional  service is a very high risk for customer to back off. I realize that Verizon has the best coverage of fibre optic but your staff for customer service is way below standard, no offend, just speaking as a customer of yours. 

I do not expect you to look into it as when the set top box and router arrive I will set it up and HOPEFULLY they should work. I am just telling you of what happened to me as a customer arriving from overseas. By the way my FiOS order is {Edited for privacy}, just for your reference. 

With regards. 
Poonsup {Edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Re: Complaint
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes