Complaint
sunny0ne31

I was a first time Verizon customer in 2015  I had a 25/25 plan for about $45-50/month.  I prefer a month to month contract since I knew I was going to be moving.  

I end up moving and decide I want to stay with Verizon at my new location.  Took a couple weeks to get a tech out to install our WiFi but finally got it in.  I pay my June bill and everything is fine.  The amount is the same although I notice there is now a $10 charge for a router.  Since the tech had some trouble getting everything installed I justify paying the additional $10 because I want to keep my service.  I was also told by customer service that because of the issues getting a tech out there that I would be getting a $10 reduction in cost for the next year.  I think I got it the first month and haven't seen any mention of it on my current bill.

Anyhow, I open up my bill to pay for July and notice that my WiFi bill went from 45-50/month to $75/month.  I call and the customer service rep tells me that my service went from being 25/25 to 15/5.  I asked why and he says because your old plan is not available at your current location.  So then I ask the obvious question, "Why is the bill higher then?"  He explains to me that my rate was adjusted because Verizon could no longer keep me on my old plan and that the new rate is their rate for the service I am currently receiving.  He offers to lower the bill to $60 a month which I still don't understand because I'm still receiving less service for a higher bill.

Does this make sense to anyone?  Why wouldn't they let me know they were going to change the service type and increase the bill?  Why should my bill get higher for lower speeds?  Where is the discount they said I would get for the next year?  

I would have shopped around for a better rate with another company.  As it is, I'm probably going to switch to Cox because I am so unhappy with the lack of customer service responsiveness regarding my issue.  

Hopefully I get some response from this.  I am very unhappy with Verizon right now.

0 Likes
Re: Complaint
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi sunny0ne31,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes