Complaint
Mademoiselle05

After months of aggravation, I decided to contact Verizon Customer Service on 8-19-16 regarding my FiOS account. I had wanted to inquire as to why Verizon does not allow my bill to be paid on the website using a debit card and allow it to process as a 'credit' transaction. I had asked if there was a way around it so I could use my debit card as credit & had also mentioned to the rep that because of this issue, I had to go to the Verizon store every month to make a payment & that its somewhat inconvenient at times to always have to go down there. She apologized and summarized that Verizon does not allow debit cards to go through as credit unless it is infact a credit card and the call ended and that was it.
Then yesterday morning (8-20-16) much to my surprise, I get an email from Verizon thanking me for setting up my payment arrangement for $194.81 due as of 8-19-16. I was horrified as, I never agreed to a payment arrangement, or even inquiried about being set up with an arrangement during my call to customer service in the first place. I know Verizon records phone calls so I recommend that this be pulled & reviewed because whoever I spoke with essentially took it upon herself to set me up on a payment arrangement for a random date of her choosing without my knowledge. My services could have been interrupted/suspended & I would have had a broken agreement on my record if I didn't happen to stop by the Verizon store on my way home from work that day. I have been a customer for nearly 3 years and have never had an issue or complaint. However I find this to be very serious and upsetting when I didn't even call regarding payment arrangements yet found myself wound up on one without my knowledge....

0 Likes
Re: Complaint
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a peer to peer support forum.

You will need to contact verizon for assitance.

BTW, does your bank account have bill pay?

You can use that to pay your bill as well instead of going to Verizon store.

0 Likes