Computer game causes my modem to restart itself
dpeterson

So I attempted to play this game.  When you start it up, a launcher appears to process updates, patches and such.  Apparently whenever it tries to start downloading, my modem resets.

I have forwarded the ports, then when that didnt work I added my IP as DMZ host.  Doing that allowed the launcher to download for about 30 seconds, then the modem reset again.

Anyone have any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Computer game causes my modem to restart itself
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

1. If you have FiOS, you shouldn't have a modem. Are you referring to the Actiontec router?

2. What game is it?

3. When you say it "resets" - what exactly does that mean? Is it powering off? Are the lights changing? If so, what is their "normal" status and what happens when it resets?

0 Likes
dpeterson

On the front is says UltraLine Series3 Model 9100EM.  I has the functionality of a modem and a router.

The game is called League of Legends.

The modem powers off all the way and reboots.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

If the router is actually rebooting, then it most likely needs to be replaced. If Verizon provided it, they should be able to replace it. If it's out of warranty, they may charge you for the replacement.

0 Likes
dpeterson

Not exactly good news... but at least it's something 🙂

We just got the service installed this tuesday so I can't imagine it would be out of warranty.

Thanks.

0 Likes