Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Computer says not connected but I have internet access

Contributor
Contributor

Computer says not connected but I have internet access

Message 1 of 2
(494 Views)

When I switched from Comcast to Fios I noticed that there was a red x over the network box in the lower right corner, but it was kind of confusing because I'm able to connect to the internet. It gets frustrating when I try to set up the Verizon internet security and it says I have no connection and I can't use my windows media center because it says I don't have a network. Can someone help me out please.

1 REPLY 1
MVP MVP
MVP

Re: Computer says not connected but I have internet access

Message 2 of 2
(446 Views)

When installing FiOS originally, did you have to install any additional software or update any drivers? Do you have In-Home Agent installed?

To also verify, is the Red X icon that you see the icon that is a part of Windows that normally shows if you're connected Wired or Wirelessly to a network, and if you click on it, gives you the option to open the Network and Sharing center?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.