Configuring WOL for remote access Issues
Kgard1

Can anyone assist me with the issue im having. Currently i am attempting to set up my computer so i can wake it and remote connect via Teamviewer at work. 

I have already completed most of the setup including

activated WOL settings in my bios

set a static IP for this computer

configured my network adapters settings to allow WOL

Downloaded and installed a WOL android app

I have also configured port forwarding on my router to forward to port 9  (see below)

Currently, i am able to use the app on my phone to wake my computer if i am connected to my home wifi, however when i dissconect and go to mobile data the app will no longer work. 

Also, not sure if this is relevant but i currently have a second router in between the main one and this computer. ( have a 100 ft cat 6 going from my fios router to a TP-link router in my bedroom that is then going to this computer via another cat 6 network cable).

0 Likes
Re: Configuring WOL for remote access Issues
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
Kgard1

Hey Tom,

Thanks for the info however, nothing on that site was able to assist me. I have done some additional research and it seems as though i am trying to port forward through 2 routers which is what is causing the issue when i try to wake my computer though my public IP. For some reason i am unable to connect to the seocnd router (TP-link) to configure port forwarding though it to my computer so i purchased a swtch from amazon and will be trying jump out that second router and go directly to this computer from the switch. will update on results 

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since you have your own NAT router too, you are having issues and to make your life easier - I have to ask.

While we know you have FIOS Internet, do you also have FIOS TV?

0 Likes
Sky100200300

Hello,

Has anyone managed to figure a solution to this?

I have the G3100 and it's impossible to configure WOL.

Port Forwarding doesn't seem to be working properly.

0 Likes