Connect FiOS line to TV and Computer w/out wireless
SOBAY310

I have my wireless router in the house that connects everything there just fine. I have a FiOS line out in the garage that I just want hooked up to the TV and the desktop computer I have out there (it doesn't have a wireless card).

Is there something I can get other than paying the $140 for an additional router that will allow me to connect my computer to the line out in the garage? I just don't see how I can connect an Ethernet cable to my FiOS line out there without purchasing an additional wireless router.

I hope my question is understandable, and I appreciate your help.

-Joe

0 Likes
Re: Connect FiOS line to TV and Computer w/out wireless
abhi_col
Contributor - Level 3

So you would like to have the TV and computer in the garage working with FIOS?

For computer, you would need a long ethernet cable from the router to the garage that will connect to the pc OR A new usb wireless adapter can be purchased from verizon or some store that can be connected to pc. So, the pc in garage will also be wireless.

But with wireless signal from house to garage, there might be some intermittant connectivity issues due to range, signal interference etc.

For the TV, a new co-axial wall jack has to be activated by a verizon tech.

0 Likes
Re: Connect FiOS line to TV and Computer w/out wireless
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@SOBAY310 wrote:

. I have a FiOS line out in the garage that I just want hooked up to the TV and the desktop computer I have out there (it doesn't have a wireless card).

Is that a coax line or an ethernet line?

0 Likes