Connect Fios Network Extender via Ethernet
abfios
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Fios Network Extender page indicates that the extender can be connected to the Fios Quantum Gateway via Ethernet rather than Coax. However, I cannot find setup instructions for this mode of connection anywhere. Can someone provide a step-by-step guide for this? Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Connect Fios Network Extender via Ethernet
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@abfios wrote:

The Fios Network Extender page indicates that the extender can be connected to the Fios Quantum Gateway via Ethernet rather than Coax. However, I cannot find setup instructions for this mode of connection anywhere. Can someone provide a step-by-step guide for this? Thanks

No setup is needed. They are plug and play. Just wire an ethernet from your router's LAN to one of the ethernet ports on the Network Extender. 

View solution in original post

Re: Connect Fios Network Extender via Ethernet
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@abfios wrote:

No setup is needed. They are plug and play. Just wire an ethernet from your router's LAN to one of the ethernet ports on the Network Extender.