Connect to Texas A&M web site
Terrykoen
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can't load the Texas A&M web page www.tamu.edu , fails with " Internet Explorer cannot display the website ". In fact I can't I can't access any web page with " .tamu. " in the address. I have tried with Windows XP and Linux and 3 different web browsers. They all fail in the same way. Others not useing Verizon are able to get the web page. Pinging their IP address, 165.91.22.88 , fails from both my computers but friends useing Cox cable are able to ping and get to the web site without a problem. I have no restricted sites or address's set in the router. Is anyone useing Verizon able to log onto that address ? That seems to be the only one I can't get to. Is Texas A&M blocking Verizon ? Thanks for any answers.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Connect to Texas A&M web site
Terrykoen
Enthusiast - Level 1

As I posted I had tried pinging their IP address , I guess I should have included that I tried navigating to the IP address as well. You did answer my question as to if Texas A&M was blocking Verizion for some reason. Still cant get to thier web site and dont know why.But my wife went to the library and got to them that way.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

I can get to it just fine, but of course I am in Texas to begin with Smiley Very Happy

Whose DNS servers are you using? Verizon seems to have occasional problems with their servers getting corrupted or just not working correctly. I suggest you try using the OpenDNS servers to see if that helps. And if it does maybe just keep using them. I have been using OpenDNS for well over a year and their service is very reliable. Link

Edit: The IP address for A&M's site is 165.91.22.88. Try entering that directly into your brower's address bar and see if you can get there that way. If so then it is definitely a DNS problem.

Keller, TX 76248

Terrykoen
Enthusiast - Level 1

As I posted I had tried pinging their IP address , I guess I should have included that I tried navigating to the IP address as well. You did answer my question as to if Texas A&M was blocking Verizion for some reason. Still cant get to thier web site and dont know why.But my wife went to the library and got to them that way.

0 Likes