Connecting Buffalo AP/Router to existing FIOS Router
pillot

I have the Buffalo wireless Router/AP WZR2-G300N and I need some help on setting this up to run with my current FIOS wireless router Actiontec M1424WR.

From my research on the internet I believe the easiest way to accomplish this is to set the Buffalo as an access point and to turn off wireless on the FIOS. Can someone please provide me with complete detail instructions (step by step) on how to do this.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Connecting Buffalo AP/Router to existing FIOS Router
Hubrisnxs
Legend

This is probably the easiest way to do it.  Follow the link and instructions below. 

0 Likes
pillot

I have followed the instructions and still not working, here is what I have:

When I connect to my access point(buffalo router) wireless I am not able to get to the internet and any of my other network devices.

But when I connect to the same access point  through network cable I have full functionality and able to access the internet and see all my network devices.

I'm sure it;'s a setting that needs to be property set but I don't know where or what to change.

Please advise.

Thanks

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

SO to make sure I understand, you can connect just fine if you hardwire into your buffalo, but if you connect wireless to the buffalo, then you can't connect. 

That implies that your router set up's are fine, and that you may or may not have a good wireless configuration in your PC. 

So IF that is the case, then I would do this. 

1) Go to Start and click on Control Panel.

2) Proceed to click View network status and tasks in Control Panel window.

3) Network and Sharing Center window will appear, proceed to clickManage wireless networks on left panel.

manage wireless networks in Windows 7

4) Manage Wireless Networks window will appear, and here you can see all available wireless network connection profiles. Select the profile you don’t use anymore, click on Remove to delete the selected profile. That's it!

Windows 7 - change wireless network settings

After you remove it, do not add it in the same window.  Close the window, and then connect to your Buffalo normally, make sure you use the right ESSID for your Buffalo and the right Password (WEP OR WPA2, WPA2 is preferred)

@pillot wrote:

I have followed the instructions and still not working, here is what I have:

When I connect to my access point(buffalo router) wireless I am not able to get to the internet and any of my other network devices.

But when I connect to the same access point  through network cable I have full functionality and able to access the internet and see all my network devices.

I'm sure it;'s a setting that needs to be property set but I don't know where or what to change.

Please advise.

Thanks

0 Likes