06-01-2017 01:42 PM
Thanks, while slow, this works. Stange that the manual that comes with the N300 does not offer this as a valid way to program the unit.
07-28-2018 12:33 PM
I AM POSTING THIS HERE FROM ANOTHER POST. IT WORKED WELL FOR ME TOO
You sure can use the netgear extender WN2500RP OR WN3000RP with your verizon router.... just DONT follow netgear's instructions. After messing around for hours with no luck I tried this and it worked. IAM ADDING SOME MORE STEPS TO MAKE IT MORE EASY!
-UNPLUG NETGEAR EXTENDER FOR 10 SECONDS.
-PLUG IT BACK. USE A PIN OR TOOTHPICK TO PRESS THE RESET BUTTON(RESTORE FACTORY SETTING HOLE). KEEP PRESSING FOR COMPLETE 2 MINUTES-DO NOT MESS THIS UP!!
- AFTER THE POWER LIGHT TURNS GREEN, UNPLUG IT AGAIN.
1) turn OFF your laptop's wireless connection.
2) Connect your laptop VIA AN ETHERNET CABLE to the extender's Ethernet port and plug in the extender'S 1ST ETHERNET PORT(DO NOT PUT IN OTHER PORTS).
3) PLUG THE EXTENDER BACK - after the extender boots it will show two lights-POWER AND "1"
4) open your browser and it should take you right to the extender's genie. IF IT DOESN'T. TYPE
5) follow all the prompts using your Verizon router's id and password.
AFTER IT RUNS THE PASSWORD AT THE END IT WILL SAY ITS NOT CONNECTED TO THE NETWORK. JUST CLICK SKIP AND IT WILL RUN ANOTHER TEST AND AT THE END IT WILL GIVE THE NETWORK INFO.
THE TO EXT NETWORKS WITH YOUR NETWORK NAME SHOULD SHOW IN ANY OF YOUR OTHER WIFI DEVICES.. JUST CONNECT ONE OF THEM TO THE EXT NETWORK.
ONCE IT IS CONNECTED, CLICK CHECK MARK IN THE WIRELESS CONNECTION IS DONE LINE AND HIT CONTINUE. IT WILL PROMPT THAT INSTALLATION IS COMPLETE.
6) disconnect the Ethernet connection and turn the laptop's wireless back on
YOU AR GOOD TO GO. 🙂
07-28-2018 12:59 PM
As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.