Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

Connecting Fios Extender Ethernet

SOLVED
Dquirk90
Contributor
Contributor

Connecting Fios Extender Ethernet

Message 1 of 2
(449 Views)

I want to connect my extender to my Fios G3100 using an ethernet cable. I’d like to avoid drilling any holes so would it be possible to connect to the extender from the L1 or L2 spot on the ONT box ? Or is it only going to work if I connect it to the router 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cang_Household
MVP MVP
MVP

Re: Connecting Fios Extender Ethernet

Message 2 of 2
(439 Views)

L1 and L2 are plain old telephone lines. Even if there are extra Ethernet ports on the ONT, you cannot use them because you need a NAT above your home network.

If you run out of weird options, E3200 also has wireless backhaul feature with a G3100. Have you given that a try?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Cang_Household
MVP MVP
MVP

Re: Connecting Fios Extender Ethernet

Message 2 of 2
(440 Views)

L1 and L2 are plain old telephone lines. Even if there are extra Ethernet ports on the ONT, you cannot use them because you need a NAT above your home network.

If you run out of weird options, E3200 also has wireless backhaul feature with a G3100. Have you given that a try?

View solution in original post

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title