Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Connecting New Computer to Verizon Network

SOLVED
BEP
Contributor
Contributor

Connecting New Computer to Verizon Network

Message 1 of 3
(5,732 Views)

I have Verizon Fios and two computers connected to the network.  I want to replace one of the computers with a new one.  Can I simply connect the new computer to the wireless router upstairs.  Is there a code or password that needs to be keyed in to connect a new device to the network?  Where do I find the code or password.? The Verizon installer never gave me a code or password.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mleduc3565
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Re: Connecting New Computer to Verizon Network

Message 2 of 3
(5,727 Views)

If you are connecting to the router with a wire you need nothing. It should detect the internet connection once you plug in the wire.

If you are going wireless the Access Key will be listed on your router.

Did the tech use one of your computers during installation? If so look on the desktop of that computer they will often save a text file there with the connection info.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mleduc3565
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 2 of 3
(5,728 Views)

If you are connecting to the router with a wire you need nothing. It should detect the internet connection once you plug in the wire.

If you are going wireless the Access Key will be listed on your router.

Did the tech use one of your computers during installation? If so look on the desktop of that computer they will often save a text file there with the connection info.

View solution in original post

BEP
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 3
(5,660 Views)

Thank you mleduc 3565.   Such a simple solution and yet so elusive for me.  I found the wep key on the router.  You were most helpful.

BEP

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title