Connecting New Computer to Verizon Network
BEP

I have Verizon Fios and two computers connected to the network.  I want to replace one of the computers with a new one.  Can I simply connect the new computer to the wireless router upstairs.  Is there a code or password that needs to be keyed in to connect a new device to the network?  Where do I find the code or password.? The Verizon installer never gave me a code or password.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Connecting New Computer to Verizon Network
mleduc35651
Contributor - Level 2

If you are connecting to the router with a wire you need nothing. It should detect the internet connection once you plug in the wire.

If you are going wireless the Access Key will be listed on your router.

Did the tech use one of your computers during installation? If so look on the desktop of that computer they will often save a text file there with the connection info.

View solution in original post

mleduc35651
Contributor - Level 2

If you are connecting to the router with a wire you need nothing. It should detect the internet connection once you plug in the wire.

If you are going wireless the Access Key will be listed on your router.

Did the tech use one of your computers during installation? If so look on the desktop of that computer they will often save a text file there with the connection info.

BEP

Thank you mleduc 3565.   Such a simple solution and yet so elusive for me.  I found the wep key on the router.  You were most helpful.

BEP

0 Likes