Connecting Samsung Blu Ray BD-D6700 to wireless network
wendis1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got the Samsung BD-D6700 Blu Ray for Xmas and have not been able to set it up wirelessly, it doesn't see my network. Tried contacting Samsung support but they seem to think it is my Fios Router. Has anybody else had this issue and if so how did you fix?

0 Likes
Re: Connecting Samsung Blu Ray BD-D6700 to wireless network
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Are you using WEP or WPA?  I have a Samsung BR and TV and use WPA for my Wireless Security.

WPA is stronger plus you can choose your own passphrase you want to use.  For example your passphase may be password1 instead of the crazy mix of letters and numbers Verizon uses for the WEP key.  Plus its easier to remember and more secure.

Let me know if this helps.

Jim

0 Likes
wendis1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did try with WEP, WPA and with it completely open. No luck.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Do you have other wireless devices that can connect?

0 Likes
MrsMark
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had this issue with my blu-ray during the summer 2011. I was not able to see the network at all. I then realized that the wireless adapter did I belong with my Blu-ray model. The security option doesn't really matter, but if the blu-ray isn't reading the adapter then there is an problem with the adapter.  Does the adapter light up when it is in the device?

0 Likes
wendis1
Enthusiast - Level 2

my player has built in wi-fi, no adaptor needed.

I should clarify my player does not pick up my SSID at all. And yes, it is set to broadcast.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
I had that problem, and it was the wireless broadcast channel in the router. 1,6&11 are the only ones to chose from. Login to your router by opening a webpage and going to 192.168.1.1

This page will help if you dont know your router password ( http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/fiosinternet/networking/troubleshooting/questionsone/123899 )

The channel can be found at the first column called "change wireless settings"

As long as your wireless isnt broke on your samsung then this should help it find the actiontec
0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
The best way for you to tell if its your adapter is if you can't see ANY wireless at all. If you can at least see your neighbors networks, then you can feel more comfortable that it is probably not the adapter in your samsung bd player
0 Likes