Connecting USB Printer Server to Fios Wireless Router
merkme
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know there have been many posts on this subject, but I would like to connect my USB (non-wireless) printer to the Verizon Fios wireless router.  Thought I could do this via the USB port on the router, but have seen posts saying this is not posible.  I do not want or have a computer connected to the printer/router.  Do I need to purchase a USB printer server?  If so, what brand would be recommended?  How do I then connect the USB printer server to the wireless router?  Thanks in adavance!

Re: Connecting USB Printer Server to Fios Wireless Router
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

The USB port is powered (useful for charging a cell phone), but is not otherwise enabled.

So no, as has been stated in many other posts, you can not connect your USB printer to it.

Yes, you can use a wired or wireless print server. 

There are various methods for configuring wireless print servers (depends on the model)

• The print server may have a RJ45 jack allowing you to connect it to your PC and run a configuration program that reognizes the print server and configures it.
  • The print server may broadcast a factory default SSID that the configuration program recognizes and establishes a connection with it which allows you to configure it to connect to your wireless router.
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

You can also have the Printer connected to a PC and share the printer.   it works well unfortunetly the PC must be on in order to print.

0 Likes
dugie

If I connect my usb printer to the tower can i share it wirelessly with an Apple?

0 Likes