Switch Account

Connecting USB Printer Server to Fios Wireless Router

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Connecting USB Printer Server to Fios Wireless Router

Message 1 of 4
(10,242 Views)

I know there have been many posts on this subject, but I would like to connect my USB (non-wireless) printer to the Verizon Fios wireless router.  Thought I could do this via the USB port on the router, but have seen posts saying this is not posible.  I do not want or have a computer connected to the printer/router.  Do I need to purchase a USB printer server?  If so, what brand would be recommended?  How do I then connect the USB printer server to the wireless router?  Thanks in adavance!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III

Re: Connecting USB Printer Server to Fios Wireless Router

Message 2 of 4
(10,211 Views)

The USB port is powered (useful for charging a cell phone), but is not otherwise enabled.

So no, as has been stated in many other posts, you can not connect your USB printer to it.

Yes, you can use a wired or wireless print server. 

There are various methods for configuring wireless print servers (depends on the model)

• The print server may have a RJ45 jack allowing you to connect it to your PC and run a configuration program that reognizes the print server and configures it.
  • The print server may broadcast a factory default SSID that the configuration program recognizes and establishes a connection with it which allows you to configure it to connect to your wireless router.
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 3 of 4
(10,155 Views)

You can also have the Printer connected to a PC and share the printer.   it works well unfortunetly the PC must be on in order to print.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 4
(7,434 Views)

If I connect my usb printer to the tower can i share it wirelessly with an Apple?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.