Connecting by WIFI Issue
NEIL13764
Contributor - Level 2
I have a Quantum Galaxy G1100 router and if I set my PC to a static I address such as 192.168.1.201 everything connects fine but if I go into the adapter settings and change the setting for obtaining IP automatically, the PC (running Win 10) shows connected to the router but also shows "no internet" and I really do not have internet access. Can anyone explain this and help me to get obtain IP automatically to work
0 Likes
Re: Connecting by WIFI Issue
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try updating the driver for your Wireless adapter if possible. Also, if you're using an Intel wireless card, I find Intel PROSet to be more trouble than it's worth. The base drivers are rock solid if you remove the add-on components.

0 Likes
NEIL13764
Contributor - Level 2
This has only been a problem since I switched from the Red/Black router to the Quantum router. I am not using Intel Proset and I have checked and it coms back that my driver is up to date
0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

OK. With the new Quantum Gateway, are you connecting to the 5Ghz SSID (Usually denoted by _5G) or the 2.4Ghz SSID?

Any change if you try reserving an IP address for the problem device in the router?

Apologies if you're unable to find the above setting. I'm not the most familiar with the G1100 as I've never seen one in person. I did ask for one to be sent to me but I'll probably have to buy one.

0 Likes
NEIL13764
Contributor - Level 2
I am connecting on the 5G wifi and yes, I did set a static IP on Quantum and the changed the adapter to automatically assign IP and then I have internet access. So in a sense the problem is resolved but I really would like to know why it would not work with a static IP set on the router or PC adapter.
0 Likes