Connecting fios to netgear
maverick412

Im staying with my family and I would like to connect my computer using my netgear wna 1100 to the internet and they have verizon fios actiontec ,I tried doing this but it says theres no or limited connectivity due to no network address? Does anyone know of a step by step procedure for setting this up,not sure Im putting in the right info and network key numbers?

0 Likes
Re: Connecting fios to netgear - Which Equipment?
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@maverick412 wrote:

... staying with my family ... would like to connect my computer ... to the internet ... they have verizon fios actiontec ...

You don't need additional equipment such as "netgear" to get online via the Actiontec router.  However you do need to provide additional information.

What type of machine do you have?  How are you connecting (wireless, wired)?  What other equipment is already on the network?  Furnish details on these items and I or another user will try to make suggestions.
0 Likes
Re: Connecting fios to netgear - Which Equipment?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

If that is what you mean by netgear WNA 1100, then all you need is the right Wireless info to connect.

If they have FiOS TV then you just have to click menu > customer support > my wireless network and then it will provide you the SSID and WPA or WEP key and instructions on how to connect. 

0 Likes