Connecting to certain website
paulandkathy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having trouble connecting to Military.com for the past 2 days. I have had no problems untill recently. I had someone in Texas try the site and it was ok. I changed web browser from IE to Mozilla still no luck. I tried my work laptop at home no luck. Verizon said must be the website blah blah blah blah blah. Does anyone have any ideas. Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Connecting to certain website
Justin46
Legend

I am also in Texas and can get to it just fine. It could be a DNS problem; here is the IP address for that site: 64.147.183.40. Why don't you try entering that address directly into the address bar of your browser and see if you can get there that way. If so, your issue is a Verizon DNS problem, if not, something else.

If it is a DNS problem, you can probably fix it, and get much more reliable service in the future, by switching from Verizon's DNS service to OpenDNS. OpenDNS is free, just go to their website and follow the directions to change the DNS settings in your router. I have been using OpenDNS for a year or so, very reliable, no problems like you describe (and I did have those kinds of problems at times when I was using the Verizon DNS).

Let us know.

Keller, TX 76248

View solution in original post

Justin46
Legend

I am also in Texas and can get to it just fine. It could be a DNS problem; here is the IP address for that site: 64.147.183.40. Why don't you try entering that address directly into the address bar of your browser and see if you can get there that way. If so, your issue is a Verizon DNS problem, if not, something else.

If it is a DNS problem, you can probably fix it, and get much more reliable service in the future, by switching from Verizon's DNS service to OpenDNS. OpenDNS is free, just go to their website and follow the directions to change the DNS settings in your router. I have been using OpenDNS for a year or so, very reliable, no problems like you describe (and I did have those kinds of problems at times when I was using the Verizon DNS).

Let us know.

Keller, TX 76248

paulandkathy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I mentioned that to them but in went in one ear and out the other. I entered your ip address and it connected fine. Thanks. I kind of thought it was not resolving the host but what do I know.

0 Likes