Connection Dropped on New Blu Ray
Pitpndlm
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently purchased a new blu ray player (Sony) with internet apps (Netflix, Hulu Plus, YouTube, etc.).  Set up went smoothly and  had no issues playing anything the first day immediately after set up.

However, the next day, when we tried to watch both a YouTube video and something on Hulu Plus, the connection had dropped.  No problem, went in, set up the internet connection again (hardwired) and began to play the videos.  Problem is that about 2-4 minutes into any type of streaming program the program would stop, buffer and then either say the internet connection was lost or serve up a Network Error type message.

As the issues only happen when trying to connect or stay connected to the internet, I thought Fios was the logical place to start.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Connection Dropped on New Blu Ray
weedeater1
Contributor - Level 3

Are you using Wireless or a Wired connection to the router?

Pitpndlm
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wired connection.

Thanks!

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

I wonder if the NAT router has a small/tiny NAT table.

Points you to

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/16233

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Pitpndlm wrote:

Wired connection.

Thanks!

And if you connect a machine to that wired connection insteadof the blu ray player and run speedtest what does it show you.

You may also want to run speedtest on a machine connected by wire to the router directly and compare the speeds the 2 different connections show.

0 Likes