Connection Locks UP
cooper

When going to certain websites and downloading a file the connection freezes,  Turning the router off and then on again restores the connection.  For instance, If I go to www.divx.com and try to download a codec, the yellow warning bar at the top the screen asks If I want to download.  I click to download and the connection freezes.  The router has to be reset to get going again.  I have a linksys hub between  the computer and and the router.  I tried going direct eliminating the router and the connection will still locks up. It's annoying and can happen frequently.  The problem looks similar to losing DNS.  I've checked everything I can think of - welcome any ideas - thanks   

Router: Actiontec  M424-er Rev C

Wireless is disabled      

0 Likes
Re: Connection Locks UP
Justin46
Legend

I am not going to be able to help you, but fyi I just went to that site and downloaded a 19.7 MB file with no trouble. My router continues to work just fine after the download. I have the ActionTec Rev. D. So that site can work on the ActionTec I guess.

Have you done a bunch of customiztion in the ActionTec that might be causing the problem? Like rules, etc., just grasping at straws. Just thought of a few more questions:

1) When the router freezes, are you talking about the internet connection freezing, or any connection from PC to router? Can you get into the router from any PC to view settings, etc, at that point?

2) Are you connected to FiOS using DHCP or PPPoE (don't have any idea if this would have any effect, but???? I am PPPoE)?

3) What MTU are you using? Have you tried setting it higher or lower?

Again, just grasping, no real idea, but maybe with more info someone will recognize something. Wish I could help. 

Justin
Verizon FiOS TV, Internet, and phone
IMG 1.5.0
Keller, TX

0 Likes