Connection lockups
Semetary

I experience internet dropouts along with lockups especially when watching an On-Demand movie.  The internet connection is lost and I have to turnoff my DVR box, TV, DVD player (whatever is presently being used to stream video) or router in order to get the connection back so I can finish watching the program.  I've dealt with this time issue for so long I stopped complaining to Verizon.  Is there anything that I can do to prevent or fix this problem?  The new Gateway router is delayed and not going to be released anytime soon in my area.  I wold like to use my Asus RT-AC87 for it's speed, capabilities and about all it's range but Verizon loves their obsolete proprietary devices.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Connection lockups
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

You can try power cycling the ont and router. Turn off your router. Go to the power supply unit and unplug the cord from the electrical outlet. Open the bbu and disconnect the battery. Plug the power supply unit back into the electrical outlet and reconnect the battery inside the battery backup unit. Wait about 5 minutes to let the ONT boot back up. Now turn your router back on and wait for it to boot back up. Once it comes back on try on-demand to see if it works. If it still does not work you will need a field technician to come out to replace whatever is faulty.

0 Likes
Semetary

I've done that numerous times and I can't begin to tell you how many times the technicians came out, replaced the ONT, Router and Set top box.  It doesn't happen every single time now so I guess that's a plus but when it does it locks everything up until I do a power cycle on the STB, reset the router, or power cycle my device I am using to stream the On Demand. I've asked them to check the fiber from the street since it's been unearthed several times and the interior coax but I've been told everything is fine so it does not need replacement so I've lived with it for over a year, got tired of complaining.  While I was using my Dual band router I didn't have this issue

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Most on-demand issues are the ONT or router. Did you get a brand new or refurbished ONT?

0 Likes