Connection problems constantly!
bagman1530

Hello.

I just got Fios Internet and TV installed and EVERY TIME my computer goes to sleep (from lack of use)...I lose my Internet connection.

So I fire my computer back up and I go on the Internet...and I get "network connction not found."  Even though I can SEE my connection...AND all the lights are green and busy on my router.

After a few minutes...and a few browser re-starts, it eventually comes back.  But WHY is this happening to me everytime?  I shouldn't have to wait for the internet everytime I fire up my computer...

Thanks for the help!

0 Likes
Re: Connection problems constantly!
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

This is not an issue with the FIOS service. It sounds like your computer has some kind of power management feature that turns off the network card when the computer goes to sleep to save battery/electricity. When the computer wakes up, it automatically turns the card back on, but there's a delay in working because the computer and the router have to talk back and forth so it can get back online.

Re: Connection problems constantly!
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

One of the reasons why I dislike sleep mode. Causes issues with power management and so on. I'd try disabling any power saving features for the Network Adapters on your PC. They should remain on, even if it falls back to a lower link speed so that when the PC resumes activity it already has an established connection.

0 Likes