Connection problems constantly!

Connection problems constantly!

Highlighted
Contributor bagman1530
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(410 Views)

Hello.

I just got Fios Internet and TV installed and EVERY TIME my computer goes to sleep (from lack of use)...I lose my Internet connection.

So I fire my computer back up and I go on the Internet...and I get "network connction not found."  Even though I can SEE my connection...AND all the lights are green and busy on my router.

After a few minutes...and a few browser re-starts, it eventually comes back.  But WHY is this happening to me everytime?  I shouldn't have to wait for the internet everytime I fire up my computer...

Thanks for the help!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus
Message 2 of 3
(358 Views)

This is not an issue with the FIOS service. It sounds like your computer has some kind of power management feature that turns off the network card when the computer goes to sleep to save battery/electricity. When the computer wakes up, it automatically turns the card back on, but there's a delay in working because the computer and the router have to talk back and forth so it can get back online.

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 3 of 3
(354 Views)

One of the reasons why I dislike sleep mode. Causes issues with power management and so on. I'd try disabling any power saving features for the Network Adapters on your PC. They should remain on, even if it falls back to a lower link speed so that when the PC resumes activity it already has an established connection.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.