Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Connection speed on one Actiontec router port limited to 10Mbps

Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Connection speed on one Actiontec router port limited to 10Mbps

Message 31 of 33
(858 Views)

Yes, I have thought about that option, as well as the Linksys Wireless N bridge, but it just seems silly to have to drop another $75-85 to get a connection when I already have a perfectly good ethernet connection that should otherwise work! 

Arrrggggh!

Smiley Wink

Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Message 32 of 33
(855 Views)

Yes, I know it's a few more bucks, but I have an ECB2200 in our den.  It feeds a simple switch and from that I feed a Roku box, an at&t MircoCell, and a DLink DIR-601 router running as a simple 802.11n WAP.

Setting up that end of my home network was so easy and works so well it was worth the $80 I spent on the MoCA adapater.

Different strokes, of course. Smiley Tongue

Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 33 of 33
(837 Views)

Yeah, I may be heading down that path soon enough.  It does seem like it would solve the problem.  I'll give it a few more attempts and then probably bite the bullet.

@eljefe wrote:

Yes, I know it's a few more bucks, but I have an ECB2200 in our den.  It feeds a simple switch and from that I feed a Roku box, an at&t MircoCell, and a DLink DIR-601 router running as a simple 802.11n WAP.

Setting up that end of my home network was so easy and works so well it was worth the $80 I spent on the MoCA adapater.

Different strokes, of course. Smiley Tongue

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.