Connection will not reach advertised speeds.
dkd46041

Could anyone shed some light on this issue? 

I have the 15Mbps/5Mbps package with Verizon Fios, however I noticed that my speed with downloading (and possible web-surfing) is signficantly slower than either of the above speeds, whether connected using wireless or an ethernet cable.

When using Steam for example, I reach download rate sof about 1.2 Mbps at a friend's house.

When at my own location which uses Fios, it reaches a maximum of aroud 750 KB/s.

This is with multiple programs, whether it be Google Chrome, Steam, Origin, iTunes, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Connection will not reach advertised speeds.
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
dkd46041,

Verizon support is in receipt of this issue. We will send you a PM to gather additional information.

Thanks,

Tonya D.

0 Likes
doggs711

I too have this problem. I just had the Triple play installed 11/08/11, and the internet is slower than DSL I had. The TV channel selection is slow, Had Dishnetwork and

channel selection is much faster and could access the boxes faster.

I'm wondering if I made the right choice now. I just hope I don't have to make many phone calls and not speak to someone in another country.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

It might be a good idea to consider posting up another topic so that we can better help you get to the bottom of what is going on.

@doggs711 wrote:

I too have this problem. I just had the Triple play installed 11/08/11, and the internet is slower than DSL I had. The TV channel selection is slow, Had Dishnetwork and

channel selection is much faster and could access the boxes faster.

I'm wondering if I made the right choice now. I just hope I don't have to make many phone calls and not speak to someone in another country.

0 Likes