Re: Connectivity issues on some sites
nycplayboy78
Contributor - Level 1
My IP Address range is 192.168.1.xxx and I am having some major problems connecting to different sites such as CNN, AOL, Huffingtonpost, DailyKos and many more......
0 Likes
justlen
Not sure if it's DNS as I use OpenDNS.
0 Likes
dhaberer
Enthusiast - Level 2

nycplayboy78, that ip address is your internal ip address.  everyone's computer is 192.168.x.x.  If you want to know your real ip address you can get it from the web based management system for your router, or just go here: http://www.whatismyip.com and it will tell you.

This isn't subnet related though, it's effecting all fios customers.

0 Likes
nycplayboy78
Contributor - Level 1
Thank you for that tip

🙂
0 Likes
thoughnot

I'm having the same problem in Hershey PA and know folks in Harrisburg and other PA locations who are experiencing the same issues.

The slowness started about a week ago for me.   It improved for a while but today its's a lot worse than slow!

I havn't been able to work online for hours - some sites I need to get to are not available,  others are so slow as to be painful, and others seem fine. 

One  business in Harrisburg PA has a cable connection backup and had to switch over to it today continue to work.  Unfortunately I do not have that option - yet.

Like others replying here I can connect to some sites, not to others. CNN , eBay and Apple are sites I can't reach. Verizon.com is slow. I can get to MSNBC, Microsoft, and a few others with not problem.  

I spoke to FIOS support and they said they have known latency issues on the eastern seaboard and have repair crews looking into it. 

Verizon is usually pretty good at this  . . so I'm going to take a deep breath and hope they can work it out soon.

0 Likes
thoughnot
I tried live chat for FIOS tech support  - says it's active on the website button but after I filled out all the info and hit submit it said "Sorry, not available".  Maybe they need to change the label on that button. :}
0 Likes
cdesmond
Same here... Southern Calif - Corona, CA - Work from home and can't access my own domain or email on POP account... Various other sites as well..
0 Likes
nycplayboy78
Contributor - Level 1
My IP Address is 96.255.8.xxx and I cannot connect to a whole myriad of sites.....
0 Likes
thoughnot
nycplayboy78 - It's not a problem at your end. Resetting the router won't help.  Verizon needs to fix this.
0 Likes
Scamp

Justlen:

No, it's not Open DNS. I use that also and it's working fine (on a non-fios connection).  

0 Likes