Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Connectivity issues on some sites

nycplayboy78
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Re: Connectivity issues on some sites

Message 31 of 63
(5,693 Views)

I've just contacted FiOS Fiber Solutions Support and they told me that the problem is a huge problem with their footprint - whatever that means. They are working on the problem and that I should either get an automated phone call or email when the problem is fixed and in the interim just periodically check the sites that I am having problems with....

PS: I am in the Washington, DC Metropolitian area...

Carl
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Message 32 of 63
(5,611 Views)

I can now get to cnn, ebay, aol...

VHO3 - Huntington Beach

fflows
Contributor
Contributor

Message 33 of 63
(5,604 Views)
I am experiencing the same thing in the Wash DC area.... any resolutions, it is affecting godaddy.com ebay paypal and others
innov8iv
Contributor
Contributor

Message 34 of 63
(5,556 Views)
Spoke with Matt at the Verizon Support Center in Texas. Huge backbone problem coast to coast. Tech support guy just told Matt "We are hunting down the problem". Nothing to do but sit tight.
nycplayboy78
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Message 35 of 63
(5,531 Views)
Dunno fflows but I now can get to Gmail and to Google which wasn't possible earlier today but the problem still persists as I cannot get to CNN, Ebay, USAA, Northwest Federal Credit Union, AOL, and whole bunch of other. I think they are slowly fixing the problem just keep checking the sites that you are having trouble going to. I also cannot go to .gov sites (State Department, USDA, Treasury, etc) but I can get to the NSA's front page - SHOCKER!!!!
justlen
Contributor
Contributor

Message 36 of 63
(5,520 Views)
The .gov servers are down for a different reason. DDOS attack out of North Korea.
spacedebris
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Message 37 of 63
(5,463 Views)

I found a fix that seems to be working. Set a static dns server on the computer using 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2.

Instructions for how to do this via Windows XP

start==>control panel==>network connections==>right click on connection and choose properties ==>highlight "internet protocol" and click properties button. ==> go to dns section and choose "use the following". and enter 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 in the two fields and save. close that window and close the properties window as well. right click on your adaptor again and this time choose "repair". Once done. then retry accessing the internet. This seems to be working

====================================================================================

Error exists between keyboard and chair.
nycplayboy78
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Message 38 of 63
(5,441 Views)

YIKES and YOWSER!!!! The North Koreans have initiated a cyber-warfare attack on us....

Hide the women-folk 😛

I forgot about that little bit of news coming out of North Korea thank you for that 🙂

PS: Ebay, AOL, SpeakEasy Speedtest, among others are still down for me....

Scamp
Contributor
Contributor

Message 39 of 63
(5,222 Views)

Connections are back (at least for me) in the Metro DC Area.  At least for the moment....

rweavere
Contributor
Contributor

Message 40 of 63
(5,212 Views)
Looks like they fixed it!  I'm in Northern Indiana and was having the same issues.  It works now.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.